Our strength and vitality are a direct function of your membership. We look forward to another year of fun, friendship and learning together.
-Alvin Goldman, President
What does the Men’s Club do?
Here is a sample of our programs and events:
- We had Congressman Paul Tonko as our guest speaker at our January 2014 Breakfast.
- We “cater” the TI Bingo workers annual brunch.
- We put up the Richard H. Friedman TI Sukkah.
- We had A Steak & Scotch Dinner and Education in the Sukkah.
- We place Memorial Day flags at the Temple Israel Cemetery.
- We sponsor cultural events including SPAC, Tanglewood and Albany Symphony Orchestra.
- We distribute Yom HaShoah candles.
- Our Mother’s Day brunch speakers have included Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan, Benita Zahn, Rabbi Nomi Manon, and former NYS State Senator Cecilia Tkaczyk.
- We lead Shabbat services on Men’s Club Shabbat.
- We clean up our portion of New Scotland Avenue in Bethlehem.
- We present the Young Leadership and Yacher Koach awards.
- We encourage the Mitzvah of Tefillin with World Wide Wrap Day.
- We cook and serve at the annual TI Chanukah Extravaganza.
- We usher during High Holy Days services.
- We have fun working together to make our synagogue and community a better place.
Check out our recent events:
The Annual Turkey Bowl & The Shmaltz Brewing Company Conversation and Tasting!
We invite you to join the Temple Israel Men’s Club for 2017 – 2018 year today!
Membership is from July 1 to June 30 and you need to re-join each year.
CLICK HERE to join the Temple Israel Men’s Club today!
If you have any questions, please contact the Temple Israel main office at (518) 438-7858, ext. 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.